VeriFone Announces End Of Life for PCCharge
The end of life for PCCharge is eminent. On April 6th, 2015 Verifone announced to their partners that they will halt development, sales, and support of their computer-based credit card processing solution PCCharge in stages, beginning immediately and culminating in the coming months. Verifone cites the changing payments and security landscapes as some of the reasons for the announcement, as well as their commitment to working on other, more up-to-date payment processing solutions.
End of Life Phases for PCCharge:
- April 6, 2015 – No more new software development for PCCharge.
- May 1, 2015 – Final order date – Verifone will not accept any more new PCCharge orders, but current customers can add services to existing licenses through September 25, 2015.
- May 7, 2015 – Final shipment date – Verifone will not ship any more PCCharge products, but current customers can receive shipments for their existing licenses through October 1, 2015.
- End Of Development Date – Effective immediately, there will be no new VeriFone-sponsored software development with respect to PCCharge.
- October 1, 2015 – Effective immediately, Verifone will no longer support software issues for PCCharge, sales and support will cease entirely.
This is a major announcement, and we recommend getting ahead the game today! If you are a current PCCharge user, kill two birds with one stone and contact your reseller or General Store account representative for available EMV ready processing options. Please do not wait until October 1 to make a move, as doing so will put you in jeopardy of being PCI non-compliant.
Need more help: General Store Online Knowledgebase – PCI